How does our Club/School earn the CanSkate Excellence – Engaged status?
3 Easy Steps!
- Complete the CanSkate Excellence – Engaged program Intent form.
- Send a minimum of (1) coach from your club/skating school to the CanSkate Excellence Trainer Webinar*. Registration can be found HERE.
- Pay the $60 + HST fee for application and evaluation. To submit payment, CLICK HERE.
*The ‘CanSkate Excellence Trainer Webinar’ consists of a 1.5-hour interactive webinar to review the CanSkate program delivery standards. There will be material to review prior to the session. A minimum of (1) coach per club/school must attend. Clubs/Skating Schools are encouraged to register multiple coaches. The coach(es) in attendance will be responsible to ensure their club/skating school CanSkate sessions are executed in accordance with the Skate Canada delivery standards.
How does our Club/Skating School earn the CanSkate Excellence – Achieved or CanSkate Excellence – Exceeded recognition?
- Achieve CanSkate Excellence – Engaged status.
- Fill out the checklist and application at Application Survey. You will need to include a detailed session plan including the following items:
- Session format/layout – Include the number of stations and the format on the ice for lesson time.
- Session timing – Include a schedule of the session breakdown (Warm-up (5 min), Fast track (30 sec), Lesson time #1 (10 min), Fast track (30 sec), Lesson #2 (10 min), etc.)
- Lesson set-up and Schedule – Show how groups rotate to the different stations on the ice.
- Session evaluation: Skate Ontario will determine the method of evaluation.
- CanSkate Specialist visit – A CanSkate Specialist (CSS) will travel to your club to watch a session live. The CSS will evaluate your session based on the same criteria listed in the CanSkate Excellence Resource Chart (updated July 30, 2023).
- Submit a video – The video includes an entire CanSkate session (with sound), including all session parts (Warm-up, Lesson time, Group activity, Cool-Down).
Upon completion of the session evaluation, clubs/skating schools will receive written feedback and results of the evaluation.