Fundraising is an essential part of a club’s/school’s yearly activities. Fundraising can be used to purchase new equipment and helps to reduce the cost of skating programs, operations and special projects.
We have put together a Fundraiser Guide including resources to get you started. This guide is designed to help clubs/schools plan and execute successful fundraising endeavours and will provide you with a variety of fundraising opportunities, examples of fundraisers, and a “how-to-plan” guide to make your fundraiser a success.
With the help of this guide, you will be able to:
- determine achievable fundraising goals using SMART goals;
- use an organized approach to plan your fundraiser;
- create a story to share for promotional purposes or possible sponsors;
- determine the most impactful way to promote your fundraiser;
- thank sponsors for their generous support; and
- evaluate the effectiveness of your fundraiser.