Skate Ontario coaches are committed to excellence at all levels, inspiring, guiding and encouraging athletes to reach their full potential in a safe and positive training environment.
Skate Ontario coaches are members of our National Sport Organization, Skate Canada and are trained through the Coaching Association of Canada’s flagship National Coach Certification Program (NCCP). Aligned with the Long Term Athlete Development Model, our coaches receive professional and sport specific training to deliver appropriate level programming to their athletes.
Our coaches must fulfill the following requirements to be considered “in good-standing” and therefore eligible to coach in a Skate Canada club:
- Valid first aid certificate
- Valid background screening
- Completion of the “Respect in Sport” Activity Leader training (new for the 2018/2019 season)
- Compliance with the “Maintenance of Certification” program which mandates and promotes on-going learning and development
- Compliance with the Skate Canada Code of Conduct
For any questions, please contact Amanda Montgomery at email@example.com.
*Must have NCCP Number & Copy of Skate Canada Coach Dashboard
Quick Links for Coaches:
If you’re wondering what being a coach is like, click on the following links to read personal accounts from some of our coaches: