As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, it is with regret that at this time Skate Ontario will be cancelling events up to April 7, 2020 as follows:
- Cancelled Events:
- Skate Ontario Provincial Championships from March 26-29, 2020 in Belleville, ON
- Skate Ontario Adult Championships from April 3-5, 2020 in Mount Forest, ON
- Bring ON the Fun! Sudbury Let’s Skate 2020 from April 3-5, 2020 in Lively, ON
- Bring ON the Fun! Orillia FunSkate 2020 from April 3-5, 2020 in Orillia, ON
- CanSkate Coaching Course from March 16-18, 2020 in Whitby, ON
- CanSkate Coaches Next Steps Seminar on March 20, 2020 in Oakville, ON
- Boys Training Day on April 7, 2020 in Brampton, ON
For any event that has been cancelled, we will offer a 100% refund of applicable entry/registration and live streaming fees. Refunds will be processed onto credit cards by March 25, 2020. You should see this show up on your statement by April 1, 2020.
At the club level, if you are wondering about scheduled programming, ice shows and performance opportunities, we advise you to follow the guidance provided by your local public health authorities and modify your programs where necessary to minimize risk. Contact information for your local health unit can be found here.
Skate Ontario looks to the Public Health Agency of Canada, along with provincial health agencies, for guidance to make any decisions regarding our events. The decision to cancel and postpone events was not made lightly as we understand how much time and effort skaters, coaches, officials, volunteers and parents have put into this season. However, the health and safety of the skating community remains our priority.
As this is a rapidly changing situation, we will closely monitor, work with health authorities and communicate any changes as they are implemented in the days and weeks to come.