Given the continuing state of COVID-19 in the province, Skate Ontario has made the decision to cancel Sectional Series #4 – Barrie – Octoberfest, scheduled for October 15 – 18, 2020. This difficult decision has been made in consultation with the host club, the host facility, and with the safety of all skaters, coaches, and officials in mind.
We continue to wait for a final decision regarding the 2021 Skate Canada Challenge competition in December and the 2021 National Skating Championships in January. Until those decisions are made, we are waiting to communicate decisions regarding the qualification process for the Skate Ontario Sectional Championships scheduled for November 5-8, 2020. We will continue to consult with stakeholders within the skating community to ensure both the needs and the safety of our Ontario skaters are considered at all times. Please stay tuned for updates.
During this time, the safety of all our members is our top priority. Please consult Skate Ontario’s Return to Play Protocols for information about on-ice programming at this time.
If you have any questions regarding events, please reach out to the Skate Ontario Events team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To keep up with communication regarding the impacts of COVID-19 and Skate Ontario, please find more information here.