Marathon Figure Skating Club is recruiting a StarSkate coach for our club for the 2019/2020 season.
Our season will run from September 2019 until March 2020. We have a temporary coach to help until November 2019.
Our club offers the following:
- 16 hours of coaching time per week
- Coaching is fully club paid
- Paid time for consults with skaters
- One hour of off ice training paid at on ice rate weekly
- $1500 relocation bonus
- Wage is negotiable but competitive
We have a supportive board of directors and a growing skating club. Marathon is a beautiful town on the North shore of Lake Superior. We have many recreational activities for anyone who comes to stay here. Our board of directors will work with any interested coach in helping to locate accommodations. This is an excellent opportunity and we look forward to discussing how we can make this work for you!
- Regional Coach In-Training status or higher
- Registered: to be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach, full payment is required of all registration fees and insurance premiums annually by Skate Canada.
- In Good Standing: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach in Good Standing, the following is required:
- Must hold a valid first aid certificate.
- Screening must be done through the company approved by Skate Canada. Following review of the results of this screening, the status must show as “Clear” In the Skate Canada profile of the coach.
- NCCP certified coaches must maintain a renewed NCCP certification status as per the Coaching Association of Canada’s (CAC) Maintenance of Certification Policy.
- Have agreed to the Skate Canada Code of Ethics.
- Completed the Respect in Sport Activity Leader Training. A coach must be re-certified in this training every 3 years.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume to Megen Brunskill at firstname.lastname@example.org.