The Ice Unite Synchro family, which consisted of 2 Adult teams and 3 Youth teams in the 2018/2019 season is looking for a Beginner I Coach for the 2019/2020 season. The Beginner I team was formed in 2015/2016 and has achieved a lot of success the past few seasons. Many of the Beginner skaters have gone on to compete at the Pre-Juvenile levels and above in their subsequent seasons. The team is based in Toronto (representing the Silver Blades Skating Club) and practices at Centennial Park Arena in Etobicoke on Mondays from 5 – 6:30 pm from early September through March.
We are looking for a coach that is energetic, passionate and a good communicator. The coach should meet the following requirements:
- Skate Canada Professional with a NCCP designation of certified Regional coach or higher and in good standing with Skate Canada
- Registered: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach, full payment is required of all registration fees and insurance premiums as determined annually by Skate Canada.
- In Good Standing: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach in Good Standing, the following is required:
- Must hold a valid first aid certificate.
- Screening must be done through the company approved by Skate Canada. Following review of the results of this screening, the status must show as “Clear” in the Skate Canada profile of the coach.
- Must hold a NCCP status of certified Regional coach or higher
- NCCP certified coaches must maintain a renewed NCCP certification status as per the Coaching Association of Canada’s (CAC) Maintenance of Certification Policy.
- Have agreed to the Skate Canada Code of Ethics.
- Completed the Respect in Sport Activity Leader Training. A coach must be re-certified in this training every 3 years.
- Synchro Experience: Skating and Coaching
How to Apply
If interested in a position or for further information, please send your cover letter and resume directly to the Silver Blades Skating Club email@example.com.