The Huntsville Skating Club is accepting applications for a dynamic and qualified Skate Canada NCCP Certified Coach for the 2020-21 season.
Applicants will be considered for coaching CanSkate, CanPowerSkate and/or StarSkate programs. CanSkate sessions run Mondays and Thursdays. STARSkate sessions run Monday evenings, Wednesday mornings, Thursday evenings and Sunday mornings.
Successful candidates must demonstrate a commitment to team collaboration and coaching excellence through all stages of Skate Canada’s LTAD.
- Club Coach In-Training status or higher
- Registered: to be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach, full payment is required of all registration fees and insurance premiums annually by Skate Canada.
- In Good Standing: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach in Good Standing, the following is required:
- Must hold a valid first aid certificate.
- Screening must be done through the company approved by Skate Canada. Following review of the results of this screening, the status must show as “Clear” In the Skate Canada profile of the coach.
- NCCP certified coaches must maintain a renewed NCCP certification status as per the Coaching Association of Canada’s (CAC) Maintenance of Certification Policy.
- Have agreed to the Skate Canada Code of Ethics.
- Completed the Respect in Sport Activity Leader Training. A coach must be re-certified in this training every 3 years.
- Record of experience in skating and coaching
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates are invited to send a current resume to: Huntsvilleskatingclub@gmail.com
Attention: Club President
CLOSING DATE: June 1st, 2020