The South Dumfries Figure Skating Club, located in St. George, ON, is currently looking for club coaches for the upcoming 2019/2020 season. We are seeking enthusiastic team players who will complement our current coaching team in a variety of available positions. SDFSC programs run from Canskate to all levels of StarSkate.
- Preferably be certified NCPP level 2 and demonstrate ability to lead the latest program designs.
- Be able to work with a variety of levels including both recreational and competitive skaters.
- Registered: to be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach, full payment is required of all registration fees and insurance premiums annually by Skate Canada.
In Good Standing: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach in Good Standing, the following is required:
- Must hold a valid first aid certificate.
- Screening must be done through the company approved by Skate Canada. Following review of the results of this screening, the status must show as “Clear” In the Skate Canada profile of the coach.
- NCCP certified coaches must maintain a renewed NCCP certification status as per the Coaching Association of Canada’s (CAC) Maintenance of Certification Policy.
- Have agreed to the Skate Canada Code of Ethics.
- Completed the Respect in Sport Activity Leader Training. A coach must be re-certified in this training every 3 years.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should forward their resume to the attention of Joanne Brooks at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519-770-7779 with any questions.