We are seeking a session supervisors for our CanSkate program. The ideal candidate will have experience coaching the Power program and be able to motivate and challenge skaters with a hockey focus. Additionally, the candidate will be able to foster relationships with local organizations to continue to foster growth in the program
The successful candidate will:
- Skate Canada professional with a Club Coach certification
- Be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach in Good Standing, the following is required:
- Must hold a valid first aid certificate.
- Screening must be done through the company approved by Skate Canada. Following review of the results of this screening, the status must show as “Clear” In the Skate Canada profile of the coach.
- NCCP certified coaches must maintain a renewed NCCP certification status as per the Coaching Association of Canada’s (CAC) Maintenance of Certification Policy
- Have agreed to the Skate Canada Code of Ethics
- Completed the Respect in Sport Activity Leader Training. A coach must be re-certified in this training every 3 years
- Be a self-starter, who takes initiative and has excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Works well with coaches in other programs, in order to foster growth for all programs within the London Skating Club
- Enthusiastic with a love for teaching skating
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the delivery of the CanSkate program session
- Coordinate and manage coach absences during session
- Foster an environment that ensures the delivery of the CanSkate program that meets Skate Canada standards, while promoting a fun and motivating environment for skills development
- Oversee the completion of report cards for coaches on your session, ensuring constructive feedback to skaters in a manner that promotes the development of the physical skill and emotional growth of the skater
- Be a positive role model and team player who is fun and outgoing with a love of teaching
- Work collaboratively with coaches & LSC board to ensure the ongoing growth of the CanSkate program within the club
- Parent education regarding both the CanSkate program and the “next steps” for skating within the London Skating Club that meet the goals of the skater
- Providing on-ice assistance and attending to incidents during skating
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should send cover letter and resumes to Miranda Ryckman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: August 1, 2020