The Ridgetown Figure Skating Club, located in Southwestern Ontario, is actively seeking a CANSkate Director/CANskate Coach to join our team for the upcoming 2019/2020 Season. The Ridgetown Figure Skating Club runs from September to March and offers Pre-CANSkate and CANSkate program 1 day a week (Tuesday evenings).
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who works well with others and who encourages skaters at all levels.
- Skate Canada professional with a NCCP Regional CANSkate Coach or higher status
- Registered: to be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach, full payment is required of all registration fees and insurance premiums annually by Skate Canada
- In Good Standing: the following is required:
- Must hold a valid first aid certificate.
- Screening must be done through the company approved by Skate Canada. Following review of the results of this screening, the status must show as “Clear” In the Skate Canada profile of the coach.
- Must hold a NCCP status of CANSkate Trained or higher.
- NCCP certified coaches must maintain a renewed NCCP certification status as per the Coaching Association of Canada’s (CAC) Maintenance of Certification Policy.
- Have agreed to the Skate Canada Code of Ethics
- Completed the Respect in Sport Activity Leader Training. A coach must be re-certified in this training every 3 years
Key Job Accountabilities:
The CANSkate Director for the Ridgetown Figure Skating Club is responsible for preparing and implementing a CANSkate curriculum to registered club members for the season.
Key job accountabilities will include:
- collaborate with the President on start dates/end dates, cancellations, and special events.
- create music Playlists for all CANSkate, Pre-CANSkate
- organize and deliver Program Assistant’s training
- communicate with members by email through online site
- purchase any supplies needed for new season; badges, ribbons, progress report cards, teaching
aids and incentives
- create lists for skaters’ name tags and attendance lists by session
- assess and move skaters according to ability
- modify delivery of CANSkate sessions depending on registration, when necessary
- identify skaters for the STAR program, communicate
with parents and encourage the conversion from CANSkate to STARSkate
- ensure all sessions are meeting Skate Canada’s Delivery Standards
- provide assistance to coaches during CANSkate sessions
- provide mentoring to any new CANSkate coaches
- provide all teaching aids, incentives and necessary equipment for coaches
- ensure coaches have all updates pertaining to Skate Canada’s CANSkate Delivery Standards
- provide skater’s group and individual sheets for each coach by session
- ensure parents receive all important information regarding their child’s CANSkate session prior
to start of session
- mediate with a board member any complaints from parents regarding CANSkate coaching or session concerns
- work with the Board to promote Ridgetown Figure Skating CANSkate programming
- Provide a year-end review of the program along with any recommendations for improvement
How to Apply
If the CANSkate Director/CANSkate Coach position describes your interests and skills, we would like to hear from you. If you have any questions please contact Ridgetownskatingclub@gmail.com.
Please apply by sending a cover letter and resume to Ridgetownskatingclub@gmail.com by July 12, 2019.