The Ancaster Skating Club is proud to offer quality skating instruction for skaters of all ages. Our season runs from September – May with programming operating out of Morgan Firestone Arena. We are seeking Skate Canada Professional Coaches that are in good standing and are willing to work with a collaborative team of coaches and Board of Directors. Applicants would ideally be available to work Tuesdays, Thursday and Saturdays; we have a particular need for coaches who are available on Saturdays in the new year (January 2020).
- Registered: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach, full payment is required of all registration fees and insurance premiums as determined annually by Skate Canada.
- In Good Standing: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach in Good Standing, the following is required:
- Must hold a valid first aid certificate
- Screening must be done through the company approved by Skate Canada. Following review of the results of this screening, the status must show as “Clear” in the Skate Canada profile of the coach.
- Must hold a NCCP status of Club Coach In-training or higher
- NCCP certified coaches must maintain a renewed NCCP certification status as per the Coaching Association of Canada’s (CAC) Maintenance of Certification Policy
- Have agreed to the Skate Canada Code of Ethics
- Completed the Respect in Sport Activity Leader Training. A coach must be re-certified in this training every 3 years
- Have a love for skating
- Enjoy working with children
- Are interested in and have a solid understanding of CanSkate programming including teaching progressions and assessment protocol
- Have excellent communication skills
- Are able to work in a team environment with fellow coaching staff
- Demonstrate commitment to developing skaters in a fun, positive environment
- Are reliable & committed
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.