The Kincardine Skating Club is actively seeking Skate Canada Professional Coach to instruct on our CanSkate sessions. Our season runs from mid September to mid-March. Possibility to instruct on the STAR skate sessions for Skate Canada Professionals with a NCCP Regional Coach In-Training status or higher.
Coaches selected for an interview will be required to provide proof of the following:
CanSkate In-Training NCCP status or higher to be eligible to coach on CanSkate sessions or Regional Coach In-Training or higher to be eligible to coach on both CanSkate and STAR sessions and meet all other coach registration requirements listed below.
- Registered: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach, full payment is required of all registration fees and insurance premiums as determined annually by Skate Canada.
- In Good Standing: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach in Good Standing, the following is required:
- Must hold a valid first aid certificate
- Screening must be done through the company approved by Skate Canada. Following review of the results of this screening, the status must show as “Clear” in the Skate Canada profile of the coach.
- NCCP certified coaches must maintain a renewed NCCP certification status as per the Coaching Association of Canada’s (CAC) Maintenance of Certification Policy
- Have agreed to the Skate Canada Code of Ethics
- Completed the Respect in Sport Activity Leader Training. A coach must be re-certified in this training every 3 years
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining our club please send Resume with Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants selected for an interview will be required to provide proof of all credentials listed above.