The Aurora Skating Club is seeking candidates to join our CanSkate coaching team for the 2021/2022 Winter/Spring Season. ASC operates out of the Aurora Family Leisure Complex, 135 Industrial Parkway N. Aurora. We offer CanSkate sessions on Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/ Thursday weekday evenings and 2 Saturday morning sessions. Applicants must be able to work Saturday. We are seeking candidates available to begin coaching on our Winter session November 1st, 2021.
Hoping to find a coach who embraces a team environment, working together in a fun and positive manner to encourage and develop our young skaters.
CanSkate Coach In-Training or higher
To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach in Good Standing, the following is required:
- Must hold a valid First Aid certificate
- Screening must be done through the company approved by Skate Canada. Following review of the results of this screening, the status must show as “Clear” In the Skate Canada profile of the coach.
- NCCP certified coaches must maintain a renewed NCCP certification status as per the Coaching Association of Canada’s (CAC) Maintenance of Certification Policy.
- Have agreed to the Skate Canada Code of Ethics
- Current vulnerable sector screening
How to Apply
Interested applicants forward resume to:
Aurora Skating Club
P.O. Box 71606
Aurora, ON L4G 6S9