The Drayton and District Skating Club is looking for a CanSkate and STARSkate coach for our 2021/22 season to join us as we grow. We offer Fall and Winter programs, including CanSkate and an active STARSkate program. The DDFSC runs sessions from September to March and offers programs 3 days a week: Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Our club is looking for coaches who are excited to become part of our team as they teach and encourage their skaters.
- Regional Coach In-Training status or higher
- Registered: to be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach, full payment is required of all registration fees and insurance premiums annually by Skate Canada.
- In Good Standing: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach in Good Standing, the following is required:
- Must hold a valid first aid certificate.
- Screening must be done through the company approved by Skate Canada. Following review of the results of this screening, the status must show as “Clear” In the Skate Canada profile of the coach.
- NCCP certified coaches must maintain a renewed NCCP certification status as per the Coaching Association of Canada’s (CAC) Maintenance of Certification Policy.
- Have agreed to the Skate Canada Code of Ethics.
- Completed the Respect in Sport Activity Leader Training. A coach must be re-certified in this training every 3 years.
- Record of experience in skating and coaching
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their resume to the Drayton District Figures Skating Club @ email@example.com