We are seeking a coach for our growing CanPower program. The ideal candidate will have experience coaching the Power program and be able to motivate and challenge skaters with a hockey focus. Additionally, the candidate will be able to foster relationships with local organizations to continue to foster growth in the program.
The successful candidate will:
- Skate Canada professional with a CanPower certification. (Club Coach certification is also an asset.)
- Be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach in Good Standing, the following is required:
- Must hold a valid first aid certificate.
- Screening must be done through the company approved by Skate Canada. Following review of the results of this screening, the status must show as “Clear” In the Skate Canada profile of the coach.
- NCCP certified coaches must maintain a renewed NCCP certification status as per the Coaching Association of Canada’s (CAC) Maintenance of Certification Policy
- Have agreed to the Skate Canada Code of Ethics
- Completed the Respect in Sport Activity Leader Training. A coach must be re-certified in this training every 3 years
- Be a self-starter, who takes initiative and has excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Works well with coaches in other programs, in order to foster growth for all programs within the London Skating Club
- Enthusiastic, with a love for teaching skating
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Successfully deliver the CanPower program to the skaters in a way that promotes a fun and motivating environment for skills development
- Evaluate skaters and provide constructive feedback to skaters in a manner that promotes the development of the physical skill and emotional growth of the skater
- Complete report cards with productive feedback in a timely fashion
- Be a positive role model and team player who is fun and outgoing with a love of teaching
- Work collaboratively with coaches & executive to establish the development strategies for each program within the club
- Providing on-ice assistance and attending to incidents during skating
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should send cover letter and resumes to Miranda Ryckman at email@example.com.
Application Deadline: August 1, 2020