Skate Canada/Skate Ontario are seeking interested individuals to be trained as STAR 6 – Gold Evaluators. Evaluators are officials responsible for assessing skaters within the STAR 6 – Gold.
Skate Canada will be holding a FREE, in-person Evaluator Training Seminar at the Skate Canada Skating Performance and Development Center in Toronto on October 6th, 2019. This one (1) day seminar will feature an introduction to effective evaluating skills, training on feedback and communication, discipline overviews and much more.
This training is reserved for officials, coaches do not qualify to attend this training. We are therefore reaching out to individuals currently involved or new to the officiating community. Interested individuals must meet the criteria outlined below to participate:
- 16 years of age
- Skating Background:
- a)Any two of Junior Bronze/STAR 5 Free Skating, Skills, Dance; or
- b)Any one Senior Bronze/STAR 6 Free Skating, Skills, Dance or a Juvenile Competitive test; or
- c)Any one higher level test
- Course Participation Fee: FREE
- Travel and accommodations: Transportation/mileage covered by the participant. Those traveling greater than 1.5 hrs (one way ) may request a single night of overnight accommodations through Skate Ontario. Requests require pre-approval Please contact Dia Sue-Wah-Sing firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodations.
- Date/Time: October 6th, 2019/ 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Food: Lunch will be provided
If you are interested in participating in this seminar and becoming an Evaluator, please email Amy Thiffault at email@example.com to register.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to Amy Thiffault at Skate Canada directly. firstname.lastname@example.org