Skate Ontario is excited to announce the return of the Super Series, STAR 1-4 Events and Synchro Events for the 2021-2022 season. We have been working closely with host clubs to try and match the calendar designed for the 2020-2021 season to the best of our ability. Formats will vary to account for the continued uncertainty of COVID-19.
This update will include:
- Skate Ontario’s approach to hosting events with the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic
- Format change highlights for each series
- Event Calendar by series
- Event Calendar Update Town hall – Monday, October 4, 2021 at 7:00pm ET
Our intention is to offer events across every series. We know however that flexibility will be required. This is due not only to the unknown evolution of COVID but also to the fact that local public health units, municipalities and facilities are still returning to operations and determining their policies for events.
Skate Ontario’s Approach to Hosting Super Series Events with the Ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic
Our guiding principles were developed through consultation with coaches, host clubs, and facilities to ensure a meaningful return to competition for our skaters.
Events will not look and feel exactly like they have in the past, but we are committed to the following guiding principles:
- Plan for event formats that will not get cancelled (barring a lockdown)
- Provide a safe, progressive, and effective return to competition for skaters at each developmental stage
- Follow Ontario regulations
Super Series Format Highlights for 2021-2022
December & January Events
- All skaters onsite with remote officiating (exception of Super Series Milton)
February & March Events
- All skaters onsite, officials onsite will be introduced
- All skaters onsite, officials onsite
For the Super Series page on our website including calendar and opportunities chart, please click here.
Upcoming Super Series communications will include:
- Further updates to the calendar (more locations and dates to be confirmed)
- Qualifying structure
STAR 1-4 Series Highlights for 2021-2022
- Skaters and Officials on site for all events
- Spectator attendance will be based on current government and facility regulations
- STAR 1-4 events will start in December
For the STAR 1-4 page on our website including the calendar and opportunities chart, please click here.
Synchro Series Highlights for 2021-2022
Our goal is to offer opportunities that are aligned with the regular Synchronized Skating events season in a safe manner. Each event will be a progression towards a normal event format
- November Video Submission opportunity (Element or Program)
- January Hubs and March Hubs, based on grouping public health units
- Regionals in person with teams and officials
- Provincial Championship in person with teams and officials
In designing this approach, we were mindful of the safety and costs for teams. Dividing the hubs based on health units will facilitate budget planning as travel costs will remain low and there should not be hotel costs for January or March hubs.
Please note that qualifying structure will be communicated shortly.
For the Synchro Series page on our website including the calendar and opportunities chart, please click here.
Event Calendar Update Town Hall
We are hosting a virtual Town Hall on Monday, October 4, 2021 at 7:00pm ET live on our Facebook page and YouTube channel. We will be discussing the event calendar update and there will be the opportunity to ask questions.