Planned STAR 1-4 Clinics for 2019/2020
|September 21-22, 2019||Mississauga, ON||Closed|
|October 5-6, 2019||Sault Ste Marie||Closed|
|October 26-27, 2019||Kenora, ON||Closed|
|November 2-3, 2019||Chatham, ON||Closed|
|November 16-17, 2019||Barry's Bay, ON||Closed|
|November 16-17, 2019||Mississauga, ON||Closed|
What is the STAR 1-4 Judge Seminar?
The goal of the STAR 1-4 judge seminar is to prepare prospective judges to serve as contributing members of STAR 1-4 event judging panels with confidence and success.
To achieve this goal and through participation in the seminar, prospective judges will:
- Receive an overview of the STAR 1-4 event structure
- Gain the necessary STAR 1-4 technical knowledge that will enable them to accurately apply the standards of assessment for all technical elements and program components
- Participate in mock panels to simulate a STAR event experience
- Learn the duties and competencies required of STAR 1-4 judges
- Be introduced to the roles and responsibilities of a referee
- Become familiar with STAR event procedures
- Receive direction on next steps for appointment as a STAR 1-4 judge following the clinic
We hope that you will be inspired and encouraged to continue with STAR judging and perhaps continue on to pursue judging at higher levels within Skate Ontario and Skate Canada.
Who can become a STAR 1-4 Judge?
- Must be at least 16 years old (may be under 16 at time of training)
- Have a valid Skate Canada number
- It is recommended that participants have a skating background, however it is not required.
Information needed before registering:
- Please make sure you have your Skate Canada number ready for registration.
To prepare for the clinic you are recommended to review the following documents prior to the seminar, however it is not a requirement. All can be found on the new Skate Canada Info Centre.
*Please note there will be a maximum number of 15 participants.
For any registration questions please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
*MUST be available for entire duration of course.
The number of candidates selected will depend on organizational need and the number of applications received.