Updated Return to Play Protocols
Effective Friday, July 16, 2021, Ontario is entering Step 3 of the Roadmap to Reopen. Skate Ontario has updated our Return to Play Protocols to reflect the new legislation and we are thrilled to announce the following highlights in the updated Return to Play Protocols:
- Clubs and skating schools may offer all Skate Canada and club skating programs provided they follow the relevant provincial, local and facility requirements and the programs are taking place within the permitted facility capacity limits.
- Competitive Skate – Pre-Novice, Novice, Junior and Senior – Singles, Pairs and Ice Dance.
- STARSkate – STAR 5 to Gold, Pre-Juvenile, Juvenile and Adult – Singles, Pairs and Ice Dance
- STAR 1-4 – All disciplines
- SYS – All levels
- Special Olympics – Return to Programming protocols can be found here.
- Pairs and Ice Dance – physical distancing is not required between pair and ice dance skaters
- Synchronized Skating – teams may train together as a whole team with no physical distancing required
- Skate Ontario Assessment Days will resume on August 9, 2021
- Clubs/skating schools may book Assessment Days beginning on July 16, 2021 through their Club/Skating School account on Better Impact (Digital Tool for Assessment Days).
Skate Ontario Town Hall
There will be a Skate Ontario Town Hall tomorrow, Thursday, July 15, 2021 at 5:30pm ET live on our Facebook page and YouTube channel to discuss the new legislation, updated Return to Play Protocols, provide more information and give the opportunity to ask questions. If you are unable to attend at that time, the video recording will be available for viewing following the event on our Facebook page and YouTube channel.