The Unionville Skating Club, located on beautiful Main Street Unionville is currently looking to hire CanSkate coaches for the 2019/2020 season. Our season runs from September through to the end of May each year with classes taking place on Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings along with Saturday mornings. Our current need is for coaches on both Friday evenings and Saturday mornings.
Interested applicants must:
- have a love for coaching
- have a solid understanding of the CanSkate program
- be extremely comfortable with circuits
- have a strong understanding for teaching with progressions
- have excellent communication skills
- be adaptable
- be a team player
The ideal candidate will at a minimum possess the following qualifications:
- CanSkate In-Training NCCP status or higher.
- Registered: to be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach, full payment is required of all registration fees and insurance premiums annually by Skate Canada.
- In Good Standing: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach in Good Standing, the following is required:
- Must hold a valid first aid certificate.
- Screening must be done through the company approved by Skate Canada. Following review of the results of this screening, the status must show as “Clear” In the Skate Canada profile of the coach.
- NCCP certified coaches must maintain a renewed NCCP certification status as per the Coaching Association of Canada’s (CAC) Maintenance of Certification Policy.
- Have agreed to the Skate Canada Code of Ethics.
- Completed the Respect in Sport Activity Leader Training. A coach must be re-certified in this training every 3 years.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are required to submit a cover letter and resume to the attention of:
Stephanie Klein, Technical Consultant – Unionville Skating Club
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and certification level.