Newmarket Skating Club is seeking synchronized skating coaches for the 2020/2021 skating season for immediate hire. The successful candidates must demonstrate a passion for the sport of synchro. Experience developing a synchro program within a club and working with teams at various levels will be an asset. The Newmarket Skating Club is committed to building a strong synchro program and synchro teams. We are a club of 700+ members with singles skaters and dance teams at various STARskate and Competitive levels.
We are looking for enthusiastic and reliable coaches who can create a positive training environment through their dedication to their team and the overall Club. The successful candidates will work together with the Newmarket Skating Club Program Director to ensure quality programming and the continued development of each skater/team.
- Skate Canada Professional with a NCCP designation, member in good standing with Skate Canada
- Registered: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach, full payment is required of all registration fees and insurance premiums as determined annually by Skate Canada.
- In Good Standing: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach in Good Standing, the following is required:
- Must hold a valid first aid certificate.
- Screening must be done through the company approved by Skate Canada. Following review of the results of this screening, the status must show as “Clear” in the Skate Canada profile of the coach.
- Must hold a NCCP status of Regional Level Coach or higher
- NCCP certified coaches must maintain a renewed NCCP certification status as per the Coaching Association of Canada’s (CAC) Maintenance of Certification Policy.
- Have agreed to the Skate Canada Code of Ethics.
- Completed the Respect in Sport Activity Leader Training. A coach must be re-certified in this training every 3 years.
- Synchro Experience required: Skating and Coaching
- Excellent communication skills required to communicate and interact with skaters, club coaches, club staff, parents, club volunteers and board members
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position or for further information, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com .