The Unionville Skating Club, located on beautiful Main Street is currently looking to hire up to two (2) STARSkate Coaches to instruct on our Tuesday evening (9pm-10pm) Teen/Adult session with the possible option of additional CANSkate or STAR coaching. Our season begins in September 2019 through to May 2020.
Interested applicants must:
- have a love for coaching
- have a solid understanding for both the CANSkate and STAR programming including assessment protocol
- be extremely comfortable teaching skaters of varying abilities
- have a strong understanding for teaching with progressions
- have excellent communication skills
- be patient
- be comfortable teaching in both a private and group setting
- have prior experience coaching teens/adults (considered an asset)
The ideal candidate will at a minimum possess the following qualifications:
- Regional Coach In-Training NCCP status or higher.
- Registered: to be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach, full payment is required of all registration fees and insurance premiums annually by Skate Canada.
- In Good Standing: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach in Good Standing, the following is required:
- Must hold a valid first aid certificate.
- Screening must be done through the company approved by Skate Canada. Following review of the results of this screening, the status must show as “Clear” In the Skate Canada profile of the coach.
- NCCP certified coaches must maintain a renewed NCCP certification status as per the Coaching Association of Canada’s (CAC) Maintenance of Certification Policy.
- Have agreed to the Skate Canada Code of Ethics.
- Completed the Respect in Sport Activity Leader Training. A coach must be re-certified in this training every 3 years.
- Must comply with the STAR 6-Gold Coach requirements as stipulated by Skate Canada by Fall 2019.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are required to submit a cover letter and resume to the attention of:
Stephanie Klein, Technical Consultant – Unionville Skating Club
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and certification level.