The Cochrane Figure Skating Club is actively seeking a StarSkate coach for the 2019/2020 season. At present the Cochrane Figure Skating Club operates one 2 hour STARSkate session per week.
Coaches selected for an interview will be required to provide proof of the following:
- Registered: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach, full payment is required of all registration fees and insurance premiums as determined annually by Skate Canada.
- In Good Standing: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach in Good Standing, the following is required:
- Must hold a valid first aid certificate.
- Screening must be done through the company approved by Skate Canada. Following review of the results of this screening, the status must show as “Clear” in the Skate Canada profile of the coach.
- Must provide proof of NCCP Regional Coach In-Training status or higher. A CanPowerSkate In-Training status or higher would be considered an asset.
- NCCP certified coaches must maintain a renewed NCCP certification status as per the Coaching Association of Canada’s (CAC) Maintenance of Certification Policy.
- Have agreed to the Skate Canada Code of Ethics.
- Completed the Respect in Sport Activity Leader Training. A coach must be re-certified in this training every 3 years.
We have competitive rates and could cover one overnight stay if required! The successful candidate may also be contracted for our CANSkate program if interested!
All requirements must be met prior to starting the season.