The Char-Lan Skating Club is looking to hire a STARSkate coach for the 2021-2022 skating season and beyond. The Char-Lan Skating Club is located in Williamstown Ontario, and runs STARSkate sessions four days a week at the
Char-Lan Recreation Centre from September through March, and off-season sessions in the spring and summer. CLSC is looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated skating coach to work with our ambitious group of skaters to help them achieve success.
- Regional Coach Trained status or Higher
- Registered: to be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach, full payment is required of all registration fees and insurance premiums annually by Skate Canada.
- In Good Standing: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach in Good Standing, the following is required:
- Must hold a valid first aid certificate.
- Screening must be done through the company approved by Skate Canada. Following review of the results of this screening, the status must show as “Clear” In the Skate Canada profile of the coach.
- NCCP certified coaches must maintain a renewed NCCP certification status as per the Coaching Association of Canada’s (CAC) Maintenance of Certification Policy.
- Have agreed to the Skate Canada Code of Ethics.
- Completed the Respect in Sport Activity Leader Training. A coach must be re-certified in this training every 3 years.
- Completed Star 1-5 assessor training.
How to Apply
Interested coaches can send their resumes to email@example.com.
References will be requested of successful candidates.