The Winchester Skating Club is currently seeking a Skate Canada NCCP Level 1 or higher certified coach to join our existing team of coaches for our upcoming Fall/Winter season and beyond. Focusing primarily on providing group and private lessons to our STARSkaters, with support to our CanSkate program as required. We are located south of Ottawa, and offer CanSkate and STARSkate programs on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays from September to March. A Spring season is also likely through the club at a separate nearby rink.
If you are an enthusiastic person who loves to work with skaters of all ages and enjoys working in a team environment looking out for the best interest of all skaters; look no further!
- Regional Coach Trained status or Higher
- Registered: to be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach, full payment is required of all registration fees and insurance premiums annually by Skate Canada.
- In Good Standing: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach in Good Standing, the following is required:
- Must hold a valid first aid certificate.
- Screening must be done through the company approved by Skate Canada. Following review of the results of this screening, the status must show as “Clear” In the Skate Canada profile of the coach.
- NCCP certified coaches must maintain a renewed NCCP certification status as per the Coaching Association of Canada’s (CAC) Maintenance of Certification Policy.
- Have agreed to the Skate Canada Code of Ethics.
- Completed the Respect in Sport Activity Leader Training. A coach must be re-certified in this training every 3 years.
- Completed Star 1-5 assessor training.
How to Apply
Please forward resume to firstname.lastname@example.org