Are you passionate about Synchronized Skating? Interested in joining an organization that prides itself on professionalism, excellence, collaboration and teamwork? If this sounds like you, we want to meet you! Sparkling Ice, representing the Unionville Skating Club, is looking for a dynamic, creative and passionate synchronized skating coach to join our team for the 21/22 season.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Superior organizational skills
- Commitment to coaching excellence and professional development
- Comprehensive understanding of skating skills, figure form technique and developmental progression exercises
- Creative flair as it pertains to musicality and choreographic details
Coaching Qualifications and Experience:
- National Coach In Training status or higher
- 3 years or more coaching experience at the Novice SYS level or higher
- Prior experience choreographing programs at the Novice SYS level or higher
- Demonstrated understanding and application of ISU and Skate Canada SYS rules and regulations
- Former Junior or Senior level SYS competitor at the National and International level
- Able to work evenings and weekends
Upon hiring, the following will be required:
- Register as a Skate Canada Professional Coach in good standing. Full payment of all registration fees and insurance premiums will be required annually by Skate Canada.
- Hold a valid first aid certificate.
- Complete a background check. Screening must be done through the company approved by Skate Canada. Following review of the results, the status must show as “Clear” in the coach’s Skate Canada profile.
- Maintain a renewed NCCP certification status as per the Coaching Association of Canada’s (CAC) Maintenance of Certification Policy.
- Agree to the Skate Canada Code of Ethics.
- Completed the Respect in Sport Activity Leader Training and recertify every 3 years.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are asked to forward their cover letter and resume along with 2 reference letters to email@example.com by August 15th, 2021.