Sport Seneca Skating Club, located out of Seneca College at Don Mills and Finch is looking to hire CANSkate coaches for the 2019/2020 season. We have classes running Monday, Tuesday, Thursday evenings and all day Saturdays.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- CANSkate In-Training NCCP status or higher.
- Registered: to be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach, full payment is required of all registration fees and insurance premiums annually by Skate Canada.
- In Good Standing: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach in Good Standing, the following is required:
- Must hold a valid first aid certificate.
- Screening must be done through the company approved by Skate Canada. Following review of the results of this screening, the status must show as “Clear” In the Skate Canada profile of the coach.
- NCCP certified coaches must maintain a renewed NCCP certification status as per the Coaching Association of Canada’s (CAC) Maintenance of Certification Policy.
- Have agreed to the Skate Canada Code of Ethics.
- Completed the Respect in Sport Activity Leader Training. A coach must be re-certified in this training every 3 years.
Interested Applicants must:
- have experience working with children
- have a love for coaching
- have a solid understanding for the CANSkate programming including assessment protocol
- be comfortable teaching skaters of varying abilities
- have a strong understanding for teaching with progressions
- have excellent communication skills
How to Apply
How to apply:
Qualified candidates can submit a resume to:
416-491-5050, ext 22307