Job title: Manager, Club and Skating School Services
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Term: Full time permanent
Skate Ontario is the Provincial Sport Organization (PSO) recognized by the Ontario Government for skating in the Province of Ontario. We provide services and support for our over 300 Member clubs and skating schools including programs and opportunities for over 70,000 participants including skaters, coaches, officials, administrators and volunteers.
The Manager, Club and Skating School Services is responsible for the planning, promotion, implementation and evaluation of programs and resources supporting our Member Clubs and Skating Schools in providing best-in-class organizational management at the local level. The Manager will be responsible for all internal measures relating to Skate Ontario Members.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support for Members in evaluating needs and priorities for required policies and best practices in operations and governance.
- Be a resource and advisor to Members in governance structure, organizational management, safe sport matters and human resource management at the club/skating school level.
- Monitor changing federal and provincial legislation as well as Ministry requirements and communicate these changes to the Members to ensure compliance across the province.
- Creating and maintaining the online hub of resources in the Members’ Portal providing resources for Members.
- Identify Member needs, strategize, implement and maintain program initiatives that adhere to Skate Ontario’s objectives.
- Develop program assessment protocols for evaluation and improvement.
- Develop and manage budget for projects and be accountable for delivering against established objectives.
- Analyze, evaluate, and overcome program risks, and produce program reports for management and stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with volunteers and staff of Member clubs and schools.
- Develop and manage the full scope of internal measures used to benchmark the health of Members.
- Manage the process for new clubs/skating schools to apply for membership with Skate Ontario.
- Manage the process for Member clubs/skating schools to maintain good standing with Skate Ontario.
Qualifications and Experience
- Post-secondary education in Sport Management or related field is strongly preferred.
- 5 years minimum experience working in a leadership role in a not-for-profit environment with experience working with volunteer Boards.
- Diverse experience with many business-based aspects of sport, recreation and/or membership-based organizations.
- Must understand the relevant Ontario legislation that plays a role in organization management such as the Ontario Not-For-Profit Corporations Act, Employment Standards Act and Rowan’s Law.
Skills and fit:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Excellent leadership, time management, facilitation, and organizational skills
- Ability to foster strong relationships with Member organizations across the province
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, fluid working environment
- Proficiency in Office 365 applications
- Ability to influence positive change
- A self-starter who is reliable and can work independently
- Frequent travel required throughout Ontario
- Long hours at times to meet the requirements of the business which will include evenings and weekends
- Must have use of a vehicle and hold a valid driver’s license
- Hybrid office and home-based work environment
- All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to:
Chief Operating Officer
Closing date: May 27, 2022 at 12:00pm ET
Anticipated starting date: As soon as possible