Skate Canada – Mount Forest is looking for coaches for CANSkate, Regional Coach, Dance Coach and Partner. Our sessions are on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. CANSkate sessions run on both Monday and Friday. Growing especially in the Star 1 area, lots of opportunity for private lessons with students. Instructional opportunities for adult recreational and competitive skaters, synchro and Special Olympics.
- CANSkate In-Training NCCP status or higher to be eligible to coach on CANSkate sessions or Regional Coach In-Training or higher to be eligible to coach on both CANSkate and STAR sessions and meet all other coach registration requirements listed below.
- Registered: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach, full payment is required of all registration fees and insurance premiums as determined annually by Skate Canada.
- In Good Standing: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach in Good Standing, the following is required:
- Must hold a valid first aid certificate.
- Screening must be done through the company approved by Skate Canada. Following review of the results of this screening, the status must show as “Clear” in the Skate Canada profile of the coach.
- Must hold a NCCP status of CANSkate In-Training or higher, and Regional Coach In-Training or higher.
- NCCP certified coaches must maintain a renewed NCCP certification status as per the Coaching Association of Canada’s (CAC) Maintenance of Certification Policy.
- Have agreed to the Skate Canada Code of Ethics.
- Completed the Respect in Sport Activity Leader Training. A coach must be re-certified in this training every 3 years.
How to Apply
Please contact Nicole Maurer-West, President at 519-323-2533 or email email@example.com.