The Goulbourn Skating Club is actively seeking NCCP Regional level or higher certified coaches for the upcoming 2019-2020 season. The club is located in Stittsville, Ontario, which is a west end suburb of Ottawa.
We are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic team player to join our coaching staff. Applicants must have strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact with skaters, parents, fellow coaches and the Board of Directors.
The Goulbourn Skating Club offers programming at two locations, including CanSkate, StarSkate, CanPower, Special Olympics and Synchronized Skating. In addition to on ice instruction, coaches are expected to participate/volunteer in some club activities/events.
For this hiring, our needs are focused on StarSkate and CanSkate programming.
- Trained in the current Star 1-5 program
- Skate Canada Professional with a NCCP Regional Coach In-Training status or higher and member in good standing.
- Registered: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach, full payment is required of all registration fees and insurance premiums as determined annually by Skate Canada.
- In Good Standing: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach in Good Standing, the following is required:
- Must hold a valid first aid certificate.
- Screening must be done through the company approved by Skate Canada. Following review of the results of this screening, the status must show as “Clear” in the Skate Canada profile of the coach.
- Must hold a NCCP status of Regional Coach In-Training or higher.
- NCCP certified coaches must maintain a renewed NCCP certification status as per the Coaching Association of Canada’s (CAC) Maintenance of Certification Policy.
- Have agreed to the Skate Canada Code of Ethics.
- Completed the Respect in Sport Activity Leader Training. A coach must be re-certified in this training every 3 years.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can forward resumes to the Goulbourn Skating Club via email to the President at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants must submit a copy of their NCCP coaching credentials, including current police background check, a current Skate Canada professional membership, first aid certificate and a list of references. We thank everyone for their interest, only selected candidates will be contacted for a panel style, in person interview.