Located in Listowel, Ontario, the Listowel Skating Club offers PreCanSkate, CanSkate, and STARSkate programs. We offer our members sessions on Mondays, and Wednesdays, at the Steve Kerr Memorial Complex, located at 965 Binning St. W, Listowel, ON.
We are currently looking for, at minimum, a certified Regional Coach, in-training to join our team. You will partner with our Head Coach to teach programming at the PreCanSkate, CanSkate and Star level, up to Gold on Mondays, and Wednesdays.
- Minimum NCCP level require – certified Regional Coach, in-training or higher
- Minimum of 2 years coaching experience
- Able to coach up to gold tests; Ability to teach and assess Star 1-5 in all disciplines; Coach Assessor – Skills certification Star 6 – Gold would be considered an asset.
- Registered: to be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach, full payment is required of all registration fees and insurance premiums annually by Skate Canada.
- In Good Standing: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach in Good Standing, the following is required:
- Must hold a valid first aid certificate.
- Screening must be done through the company approved by Skate Canada. Following review of the results of this screening, the status must show as “Clear” in the Skate Canada profile of the coach.
- NCCP certified coaches must maintain a renewed NCCP certification status as per the Coaching Association of Canada’s (CAC) Maintenance of Certification Policy.
- Have agreed to the Skate Canada Code of Ethics.
- Completed the Respect in Sport Activity Leader Training. A coach must be re-certified in this training every 3 years.
Hourly rate commensurate with experience.