The Elora & District Skating Club is a small recreational club running out of the Elora Community Centre as well as The Centre Wellington Sportsplex. We offer a variety of Skate Canada programs from CanSkate to STARSkate. Our programs traditionally run Tuesday, Friday and Sundays (times vary).
We are looking for a Regional Coach to join our team! This coach will focus primarily on providing group and private lessons to our STARSkate skaters, with support to our CanSkate program as required. Choreography for, and attendance at, Ontario competitions and annual ice show events. Some administrative duties such as preparation of report cards etc, may also be required.
Minimum Achievements for Candidate:
- Regional Coach Certified status
- Registered: to be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach, full payment is required of all registration fees and insurance premiums annually by Skate Canada.
- In Good Standing: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach in Good Standing, the following is required:
- Must hold a valid first aid certificate.
- Screening must be done through the company approved by Skate Canada. Following review of the results of this screening, the status must show as “Clear” In the Skate Canada profile of the coach.
- NCCP certified coaches must maintain a renewed NCCP certification status as per the Coaching Association of Canada’s (CAC) Maintenance of Certification Policy.
- Have agreed to the Skate Canada Code of Ethics.
- Completed the Respect in Sport Activity Leader Training. A coach must be re-certified in this training every 3 years.
- Currently First Aid Certified.
- CanPower certification an asset.
- Reliable Transportation.
- Team player with positive attitude.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume, together with a copy of your qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes will be accepted until July 15, 2021.