Hamilton Skating Club
Regional Coach Certified- Hamilton Skating Club
June 1, 2023
Number of Positions:
Hamilton Skating Club seeks a Regional Coach beginning this upcoming 2023 Summer skating season.
HSC’s Star 1 to Gold and Competitive sessions run Monday to Saturday. There is also the opportunity to coach recreational programs. Learn to Skate programs are offered five days a week- Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. We offer PreCanSkate, CanSkate, GroupStar as well as Teen/Adult programs. All Hamilton Skating Club’s programs run year-round. HSC coaches are directly supported on and off the ice by the Director of Skating and the Director of Learn to Skate.
The candidate should be enthusiastic, motivated, supportive and encouraging to HSC athletes and willing to work in a collaborative team environment.
The candidate should be interested in developing fundamental skills to introductory level figure skaters.
The candidate must have the ability to teach skaters at all levels in private, semi-private and group formats.
The candidate must be motivated to work towards more advanced coaching qualifications.
The candidate should have skating experience as a Skate Canada competitive skater (Novice or higher) and/or have experience coaching Podium Pathway skaters.
The candidate must be able to adapt their coaching style and role to best suit the progress of the skaters and should be dedicated to the long term process of developing strong, confident and self-reliant athletes regardless of what skating pathway they choose.
The candidate must be willing to work closely with HSC’s Directors and coaches, the Operations Manager as well as with the Board of Directors.
-CanSkate and Regional Coach Certified
-Registered: to be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach, full payment is required of all registration fees and insurance premiums annually by Skate Canada
-In Good Standing: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach in Good standing, the following is required:
- Must hold a valid First Aid Certificate
- Screening must be done through the company approved by Skate Canada. Following review of the results of this screening, the status must show as “Clear” in the Skate Canada profile of the Coach.
- NCCP certified coaches must maintain a renewed NCCP certification status as per the Coaching Association of Canada’s (CAC) Maintenance of Certification Policy.
- Have agreed to the Skate Canada Code of Ethics.
- Completed the Respect in Sport Activity Leader Training. A coach must be recertified in this training every 3 years.
- Excellent team-building, communication and interpersonal skills
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume electronically to:
Mariessa Startek, President – firstname.lastname@example.org