WTSC is pleased to invite immediate applications for a new opportunity as Program Director!
The West Toronto Skating Club is an all-year, Skate Canada-sanctioned, volunteer-run club located at McCormick Arena in the Dufferin/Dundas area of Toronto with a membership of over 600 skaters. Since 1984, we have been running programs from recreational (child through to adult) to competitive training. We strive to offer exceptional CanSkate, CanPowerSkate, and STAR programming, as well as off-ice instruction, in a fun and positive environment that cultivates a life-long passion for the sport.
We endeavour to provide skating instruction in a supportive environment which encourages success for all, whether skating for fun, fitness or competition. We embrace Skate Canada’s LTAD philosophy and increased focus on group instruction, and are seeking a Program Director of exemplary character who is aligned with this approach to build out programming for our club.
The ideal Program Director will take a fresh look at our program delivery and drive an exceptional skating experience for our membership. Opportunity awaits for an energetic and experienced professional to lead the re-envisioning, enhancement, and delivery of all our Skate Canada programs into the future!
The right Program Director can help us:
- Develop and oversee all on and off-ice programs (CanSkate, STARSkate and CanPower) at the club to meet and/or exceed Skate Canada minimum delivery standards
- Strengthen the bridge between CanSkate and STARSkate
- Build an effective and robust STARSkate program through the implementation of coach-directed time, including club-led classes and groups
- Participate in coach hiring and lead team building
- Work with coaching team to deliver workshops and seminars, and coordinate participation in competition (where appropriate)
- Help to educate parents and skaters on the ins and outs of skating
- Minimum Provincial Coach Certified
- Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach in good standing
- Track record of success in the delivery of Skate Canada programs at all levels
- Outstanding leadership, supervisory, communication and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to athlete-centered development and programming
- Experience working collaboratively with a volunteer Board of Directors
- Demonstrated experience fostering a supportive and collegial work environment
- Sensitivity/awareness of budget considerations
How to Apply
If you are interested, please submit your resume or enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org, marked Attention: WTSC Board, by June 10, 2019.
We thank all applicants and look forward to hearing from you. Those selected for an interview will be contacted.