The Guelph Skating Club is currently accepting applications for a Program Director position.
The Guelph Skating Club (GSC) is a volunteer-run club that provides skating opportunities for skaters at all levels and ages. We offer CANSkate, CANPowerSkate, Adult, Synchro and STAR programming as well as off-ice instruction that emphasizes fun, fitness and achievement for all skaters.GSC is seeking a Program Director who will be able to provide strategic direction for our Club while maintaining high quality programming for all our skaters. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Program Director oversees the development, organization, and running of all on-ice and off-ice programs.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develop one-year schedule of programs for each registration session in collaboration with Board. Develop a three-year and five-year forecast targeting growth and planning to achieve goals.
- Forecast, develop and implement new programs in collaboration with coaches and Board of Directors.
- Liaise with parents on behalf of the Club and responding to their questions related to the program and their child’s progress.
- Provide technical assessment of all programs, concerns, and requests.
- Develop schedule of coaches for all group program sessions within budget guidelines.
- Inform, comply with and manage a budget approved by the Board of Directors.
- Ensure coaches are involved and aware of GSC’s vision and strategic plan.
- Conduct annual status review for all base coaches and annual performance reviews for support coaches. Prepare recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding annual contract renewals.
- Identify and recommend to the Board of Directors all staffing needs for relevant programs.
- Organize and implement team building opportunities/events for GSC skaters and coaches (e.g., seminars, etc.).
- Minimum National Coach Certified.
- Outstanding leadership, supervisory communication and interpersonal skills. Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience fostering a positive skating environment for skaters and coaches of all levels.
- Track record of success in delivering Skate Canada programming.
- Thorough understanding of Skate Canada by-laws/policies & technical requirements.
For full job description:
How to Apply
If you are interested, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be
Deadline to apply: June 28, 2019