The Bracebridge Skating Club is seeking a positive, passionate, and team-oriented coach to join our Professional Coaching staff for the 2019/20 season.
Located in the rich heart of beautiful Muskoka this quaint club boasts a vibrant culture and long history for the love of skating. BSC offers a variety of original programs for both the recreational, STARSkate and competitive skater.
The ideal candidate must have the ability to work alongside the Head Coach in our ‘team-training’ environment. They must also be willing to assist in the development of long lasting, positive relationships with skaters, parents and the Executive.
Competitive experience is preferred, however a solid understanding of Freeskate, skills, and Dance is necessary.
The individual must be a registered Skated Canada Professional Coach in good standing and hold the following:
- Copy of Skate Canada Certification
- Personal Test Achievement / Experience
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Current Skate Canada Professional Coaching Membership (including Background Check, Respect in Sport Training, and agreement to SC Code of Ethics).
- Skate Canada CanSkate & Regional Coach Trained or higher. Ability to coach CanSkate, STARSkate singles dance and skills. (Competitive experience in this area would be beneficial).
- A demonstrated commitment to professional development.
- Be enthusiastic and open to new styles of teaching.
- Be willing to attend theme days and volunteer at club events.
- A demonstrated commitment to developing athletes in a positive, fun, and team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated success at coaching skaters, with a desire to coach at all levels including Canskate, STARSkate and Competitive.
- CanPowerskate certifications and experience beneficial, but not necessary.
How to Apply
Please contact Head Coach Jeff Trott at: firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and coaching resume.