The Mariposa School of Skating, is actively seeking Skate Canada Professional Coach to instruct on our CanSkate sessions.
Our CanSkate sessions run Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Thursdays from September 3-October 3rd. Possible opportunity to instruct on the STARskate sessions for Skate Canada Professionals with an NCCP Regional Coach In-Training status or higher.
Interested Applicants must:
● Have experience working with children
● Have a love for coaching
● Have a solid understanding for the CanSkate programming including assessment protocol
● Be comfortable teaching skaters of varying abilities
● Have a strong understanding for teaching with progressions
● Have excellent communication skills
● Help plan, organize and participate in annual club events (shows, theme days, performance days etc.)
with other coaches.
● Able to work as a team with fellow coaching staff
● CanSkate In-Training NCCP status or higher.
● Registered: to be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach, full payment is required of all
registration fees and insurance premiums annually by Skate Canada.
● In Good Standing: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach in Good Standing, the
following is required:
1. Must hold a valid first aid certificate.
2. Screening must be done through the company approved by Skate Canada. Following review of the
results of this screening, the status must show as “Clear” In the Skate Canada profile of the coach.
3. NCCP certified coaches must maintain a renewed NCCP certification status as per the Coaching
Association of Canada’s (CAC) Maintenance of Certification Policy.
4. Have agreed to the Skate Canada Code of Ethics.
5. Completed the Respect in Sport Activity Leader Training. A coach must be re-certified in this training
every 3 years.
Compensation is commensurate with experience, with potential to be hired from October-MArch for Barrie
Skating Club CanSkate session running 14 session per week. Please send resume to
How to Apply
Please send resume to