The Thornhill Figure Skating Club currently has an opening for a highly organized and capable individual to take on the role of Office Administrator.
- Excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills to be able to work closely with new and existing club members, board of directors, coaching team and program coordinators.
- Accept and process all registrations, answer inquiries through phone, email and in person.
- General office duties including but not limited to photocopying, faxing, mailing, creating labels, file maintenance.
- Prepare announcements, posters, and other documents as required. This includes email blasts to club members.
- Ordering office supplies and program supplies.
- Maintaining cleanliness and organization of office.
- Organization of CanSkate. This includes but is not limited to: ensuring skaters are in correct level, communicating with coaches regarding their availability, ensuring there are enough coaches for all levels, ensuring skaters receive their badge/ribbon when they pass a level, communicating with the CanSkate Coordinator regarding CanSkate sessions.
- Input STAR 1-5 test online once a month and organize test days.
- Assist Treasurer with accounting duties (training to be provided).
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with MS Office suite, Google Docs and web-based data entry.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment (phone, fax, photocopier, printer, etc.).
- Include basic banking, test scheduling, liaison with Skate Canada, email communications, program organization (eg; CanSkate) and website management (training to be provided).
- Maintain a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Extensive office administration experience and excellent organizational skills.
- Dedication to the sport of figure skating and familiar with Skate Canada programming.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Must have knowledge and/or experience in the sport of figure skating.
Previous experience working in a figure skating club is an asset.
Below are the hours required to be physically be in the office. Please note that there will be an average of an additional 10-15 hours per week you will be expected to work outside of these hours. A combined total of 24hrs per week between onsite and remote.
Friday 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Saturday 11:00 am – 3:00 pm
Sunday 8:00 am – 1:00 pm
Some day and evening hours may be modified usually during registration periods.