WTSC is seeking Skate Canada Professional Coaches to join our coaching team for the 2019-2020 season!
The West Toronto Skating Club is an all-year, Skate Canada-sanctioned, volunteer-run club at the McCormick Arena in the Dufferin/Dundas area of Toronto. Since 1984, we have been running programs suitable for everyone from the newest beginner (children and adult) to the most skilled figure skater. We provide Pre-CAN, CANSkate, CANPowerSkate, and STAR programming, as well as off-ice instruction, in a fun and positive environment.
We are taking a fresh look at our program delivery and are excited to offer new opportunities for coaches at all levels.
Interested applicants must hold the following:
- Minimum CANSkate In-Training NCCP status to teach CANSkate programs
- Minimum Regional Coach In-Training NCCP status to teach STAR programs
- Minimum CANPowerSkate In-Training NCCP status to teach CANPower programs
- Hands on experience teaching in an environment that follows the CANSkate and STAR minimum delivery standards for programming
- Skate Canada Professional Coach with NCCP designation, member in good standing. This requires:
- Full payment of all registration fees and insurance premiums as determined annually by Skate Canada
- A valid first aid certificate
- Screening completed through the company approved by Skate Canada; (following review of results, status must show as “Clear” in the Skate Canada profile)
- Up-to-date NCCP certification status as per the Coaching Association of Canada’s (CAC) Maintenance of Certification Policy
- Having agreed to the Skate Canada Code of Ethics
- Having completed the Respect in Sport Activity Leader Training (must be re-certified every 3 years)
It is important to WTSC that candidates demonstrate:
- a team-oriented, skater-centred approach to coaching and program development
- the ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with skaters, parents, directors, and fellow coaches
- receptiveness to feedback; commitment to learning and improving our programs
- basic computer skills, e.g. Email, Uplifter software
- ability to work evenings and weekends
- commitment to attendance, promptness, and deadlines
How to Apply
If this sounds like you, please submit your resume to email@example.com, with the subject line Attention: Hiring Committee by June 20, 2019. Please include:
- a copy of your NCCP Locker transcript
- a screen shot of your Skate Canada dashboard
We thank all applicants and look forward to hearing from you. Those selected for an interview will be contacted.