The Prince Edward County Skating Club (PECSC – 1000513) is located in a rural community just south of Belleville in beautiful Prince Edward County. The Club is currently accepting resumes for Skate Canada NCCP certified coaches in both CanSkate & StarSkate for the upcoming 2019-2020 season.
We require a dedicated and enthusiastic team player to join our current coaching staff. Applicants must have strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact and communicate with skaters, parents, executive members, and fellow coaches.
The Prince Edward County Skating Club offers a variety of programming throughout the week including Pre-CanSkate, CanSkate, Junior Enrichment/Rising Star, STAR and CanPowerSkate. In addition to on-ice instruction, coaches are expected to participate/volunteer in club activities and events as required, including board and committee meetings.
Coaches selected for an interview will be required to provide proof of the following:
- Registered: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach, full payment is required of all registration fees and insurance premiums as determined annually by Skate Canada.
- In Good Standing: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach in Good Standing, the following is required:
- Must hold a valid first aid certificate.
- Screening must be done through the company approved by Skate Canada. Following review of the results of this screening, the status must show as “Clear” in the Skate Canada profile of the coach.
- Must provide proof of NCCP Regional Coach In-Training status or higher. A CanPowerSkate In-Training status or higher would be considered an asset.
- NCCP certified coaches must maintain a renewed NCCP certification status as per the Coaching Association of Canada’s (CAC) Maintenance of Certification Policy.
- Have agreed to the Skate Canada Code of Ethics.
- Completed the Respect in Sport Activity Leader Training. A coach must be re-certified in this training every 3 years.
How to Apply
Interested coaches should forward their resume to the attention of: PECSC Board at email@example.com