The KWSC is currently accepting applications for a National Level coach to join our coaching team. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
COACHING JOB OPPORTUNITY
Kitchener-Waterloo Skating Club – the Kitchener Waterloo Skating Club (KWSC) is one of the largest skating clubs in Canada. The club, which has existed for over 75 years, is based in the twin cities of Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario. The club operates programs as follows: Learn-to-Skate, STAR 1-5, STAR 6-Gold, competitive singles, pairs and dance, as well as synchro. Our skaters have represented KWSC at National and International championships.
Interested candidates must be a registered Skate Canada Professional Coach with a NCCP designation of National Coach In-Training, Trained or Certified.
Successful applicants will possess strong leadership skills, ability to teach strong skating fundamentals to all levels of skaters within the club and must be willing to work collaboratively in a team environment. The candidate will be flexible with coaching hours, as our programs run seven (7) days per week and, at times, at various arenas across Kitchener-Waterloo.
- Registered: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach, full payment is required of all registration fees and insurance premiums as determined annually by Skate Canada.
- In Good Standing: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach in Good Standing, the following is required:
- Must hold a valid first aid certificate.
- Screening must be done through the company approved by Skate Canada. Following review of the results of this screening, the status must show as “Clear” in the Skate Canada profile of the coach.
- Must hold a NCCP status of National Coach In-Training, Trained or Certified.
- NCCP certified coaches must maintain a renewed NCCP certification status as per the Coaching Association of Canada’s (CAC) Maintenance of Certification Policy.
- Have agreed to the Skate Canada Code of Ethics.
- Completed the Respect in Sport Activity Leader Training. A coach must be re-certified in this training every 3 years.
How to Apply
Applications may be sent to email@example.com, to the attention of the Technical Director.
Coaches selected for an interview will be required to provide proof of all credentials.
Latest Jobs at this Club
Membership Services Coordinator- Full Time- Kitchener Waterloo Skating Club Posted Jun 13, 2019
National Level Coach Wanted – Kitchener Waterloo Skating Club Posted Feb 04, 2019