Skate Canada is committed to inspiring all Canadians to embrace the joy of skating.
Canadians love skating! Every winter, millions of Canadians take to the ice, indoors and outdoors in
search of fun, fitness and achievement. Skate Canada’s mission is to ensure a continuing legacy of
champions and to be recognized as the leader in the delivery of effective, innovative skating
programs. If you have a passion for the sport as a fan, as a participant, or if you’re committed to
excellence and focused on building partnerships, this may be the team for you. Join our energetic and
dynamic group dedicated to providing and promoting a positive and fun-filled skating experience for
Skate Canada provides exciting and challenging work in a dynamic environment and an excellent total
rewards package. We are inviting applications for the full-time position of High-Performance
Reporting to the High-Performance Manager, the High-Performance Coordinator will be responsible to
provide support to high performance and next gen programming. Working in a team-based environment
and approach, the High-Performance Coordinator will coordinate various arrangements for international
events, liaise with delegates, organize seminars, process finances for the department, as well as perform
administrative duties as required.
- Data entry into CRM, ORS and other programs as needed.
- Organize, prepare and communicate information to coaches, skaters, parents and officials regarding
policies and procedures within the High Performance and Next Gen context.
- Maintain distribution lists found on the team site (i.e. domestic competitions, officials, national
- Support officials’ activities as needed.
- Act as a resource for all individuals attending international events, such as overseeing bookings and
team logistics for all national team assignments, and ISU seminars.
- Monitor the ISU portal to ensure completion of event entry forms for all international events by the
- Preparing and disseminating various documents related to delegates attending international events,
including invitations, alternate notifications, prize money forms, processing of travel visas.
- Preparing and processing finance related activities for department initiatives, including coding
invoices, expense claim forms, submission and distribution of payments for entry fees and hotel
- Support other areas of skating and athlete development as required.
- Support all aspects of medical needs, including providing medical letters, arrangement for
shipments of medical bags, and ensuring completion of TUE forms.
- Oversee apparel ordering and distribution for national teams, synchronized teams and other
- Develop and maintain a master calendar incorporating project deadlines for all international
competitions and other department initiatives.
- Other duties as required by the Manager.
Qualifications, Experience and Key Skills
- Diploma in Business Administration or Sport Administration or similar educational background, or
combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Three years of work experience in an equivalent position.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong organization skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a professional and confidential manner.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and work as part of a team.
- Bilingual in English/French is an asset.
- Experience and knowledge of figure skating development is an asset.
Additional Job Requirements
- Availability to work weekends and overtime as required to meet deadlines.
- Occasional travel, approximately twice per year within Canada to may be required to attend events
How to Apply
All qualified candidates are invited to apply online via BambooHR:
www.skatecanada.bamboohr.com/jobs before Tuesday January 14 2020 at 23:59 EST.
Any questions regarding the position can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be
About Skate Canada
Skate Canada is the nation’s governing body for skating and dedicated to creating a nation of skaters
both recreationally and competitively. Over 100 years old, it is the world’s oldest skating organization
and Canada’s preeminent leader in skate training and education, providing High performance coaching
and skating development education. Over 180,000 Canadians participate in Skate Canada educational
programs each year.
Canada’s most successful governing winter sport body, Skate Canada athletes have won 29 Olympic
Medal and 35 World Championships. Today’s world and Olympic medalists all began at one of our 1,200
local Skate Canada clubs or skating schools. More than 5,700 certified professional coaches offer
programs for all ages to encourage Canadians to skate together as a family, pursue competitive ice
sports and enjoy an active lifestyle.