The Zorra Skating Club is an established club located in Embro, Ontario, and expanding to offer programming in Thamesford, Ontario in the 2020-2021 season. We offer CanSkate, StarSkate and SynchroSkate programming. We run sessions 4 nights a week in Embro: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, and 2 days in Thamesford: Tuesday and Saturday, and typically operate from September to the end of April.
We are seeking a Freelance Dance/StarSkate Coach as well as a CanSkate/StarSkate coach.
The minimum requirements are:
- Skate Canada professional with a NCCP Regional Coach or higher status; Regional Coach in-training will be considered if certification is expected to be completed in the 2020/2021 skating season.
- Able to coach and partner up to and including Gold tests
- Willingness to travel to competitions
- Registered: to be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach, full payment is required of all registration fees and insurance premiums annually by Skate Canada.
- In Good Standing: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach in Good Standing, the following is required:
- Must hold a valid first aid certificate.
- Screening must be done through the company approved by Skate Canada. Following review of the results of this screening, the status must show as “Clear” In the Skate Canada profile of the coach.
- NCCP certified coaches must maintain a renewed NCCP certification status as per the Coaching Association of Canada’s (CAC) Maintenance of Certification Policy.
- Have agreed to the Skate Canada Code of Ethics.
- Completed the Respect in Sport Activity Leader Training. A coach must be re-certified in this training every 3 years.
How to Apply
Please email resumes to Angela Langlois, Zorra Skating Club president at firstname.lastname@example.org.