The Burlington Skating Centre is looking for an experienced Professional Dance Coach to join our coaching team starting April 2020. We are looking for an enthusiastic team player who has excellent team-building and interpersonal skills to interact with skaters, parents, fellow coaches and the Board of Directors. The Burlington Skating Centre has a membership of over 1000 skaters and has a dedicated rink at the Appleby Ice Centre in Burlington, ON. We provide programming year round from Learn to Skate to Competitive Skate. The successful candidate would be required to teach / partner dances up to the Gold level. Opportunities to coach other disciplines may be available dependent on experience and qualiﬁcations.
1. Registered: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach, full payment is required of all registration fees and insurance premiums as determined annually by Skate Canada.
2. In Good Standing: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach in Good Standing, the following is required:
- Must hold a valid ﬁrst aid certiﬁcate
- Screening must be done through the company approved by Skate Canada. Following review of the results of this screening, the status must show as “Clear” in the Skate Canada proﬁle of the coach.
- NCCP certiﬁed coaches must maintain a renewed NCCP certiﬁcation status as per the Coaching Association of Canada’s (CAC) Maintenance of Certiﬁcation Policy
- Have agreed to the Skate Canada Code of Ethics and completed Respect in Sport.
- A coach must be re-certiﬁed in this training every 3 years
- Minimum NCCP level require – Regional Coach InTraining or higher
- Minimum of 3 years of coaching experience
- Able to coach and partner up to and including gold tests
Hourly rate commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only qualiﬁed applicants will be contacted for an interview.