Skate Canada is committed to inspiring all Canadians to embrace the joy of skating.
Canadians love skating! Every winter, millions of Canadians take to the ice, indoors and outdoors in
search of fun, fitness and achievement. Skate Canada’s mission is to ensure a continuing legacy of
champions and to be recognized as the leader in the delivery of effective, innovative skating
programs. If you have a passion for the sport as a fan, as a participant, or if you’re committed to
excellence and focused on building partnerships, this may be the team for you. Join our energetic and
dynamic group dedicated to providing and promoting a positive and fun-filled skating experience for
Skate Canada provides exciting and challenging work in a dynamic environment and an excellent total
rewards package. We are inviting applications for the full-time position of Event Coordinator.
Reporting to the Event Manager, the Event Coordinator will be primarily responsible for event
registration and accreditation, as well as manage the master event participants list while providing
support in other administrative areas supporting the event department
- Lead and execute event registration for Skate Canada events including participant registration,
accreditation, and planned programs for domestic and international events.
- Prepare registration and accreditation post-event summary.
- Lead the collection and reconciliation of entry fees for Skate Canada domestic and international
events, while collaborating with the Finance Department.
- Communicate with Skate Canada sections and registrants regarding registration and event
information timelines and processes for domestic events.
- Act as the primary contact for International Federations regarding registration for Skate Canada
- Event Department lead for the per diem and honorarium process for Skate Canada hosted
- Lead and maintain the master list of all event participants including travel information to produce on
site Arrival & Departure lists as well as assist in the creation of master rooming lists.
- Lead the event communication planning and execution for all event-related information, including
writing, reviewing and editing registration processes, information books, pre-event information to
all event participants.
- Provides telephone and e-mail screening and respond to inquiries; reading, researching and routing
correspondence; drafting letters and documents, collecting, as well as processing information.
- Maintain a master calendar of project and process deadlines for department, plan and schedule
meetings, teleconferences, and liaise with other departments regarding tasks and projects.
- Develop and revise the national calendar for section events.
- Contribute to the revision of various Skate Canada event-hosted documents, including the Skate
Canada Event Execution Handbook.
- Contribute to the development and management of assigned program budgets.
- Assist other event staff with event planning and execution tasks as required, including assisting with
onsite event set-up and tear down.
- Contribute to event department planning activities.
- Other duties as assigned by the Event Manager.
Qualifications, Experience and Key Skills
- Post-Secondary diploma in Marketing, Sport Management or Business or similar educational
- Advanced MS Office Skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to work accurately under tight deadlines and manage
and oversee multiple projects/deadlines simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently and as part of a team
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication and documentation skills;
- Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail;
- Positive, enthusiastic and energetic team player
- Preference will be given to candidates proficient in both official languages
Additional Job Requirements
- Travel will be required approximately five to eight times per year for the purposes of attending site visits
- Ability to work overtime as required in order to meet the fluctuating needs in a timely manner.
How to Apply
All qualified candidates are invited to apply online via BambooHR:
www.skatecanada.bamboohr.com/jobs before Friday January 17 2020 at 23:59 EST.
Any questions regarding the position can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be
About Skate Canada
Skate Canada is the nation’s governing body for skating and dedicated to creating a nation of skaters
both recreationally and competitively. Over 100 years old, it is the world’s oldest skating organization
and Canada’s preeminent leader in skate training and education, providing High performance coaching
and skating development education. Over 180,000 Canadians participate in Skate Canada educational
programs each year.
Canada’s most successful governing winter sport body, Skate Canada athletes have won 29 Olympic
Medal and 35 World Championships. Today’s world and Olympic medalists all began at one of our 1,200
local Skate Canada clubs or skating schools. More than 5,700 certified professional coaches offer
programs for all ages to encourage Canadians to skate together as a family, pursue competitive ice
sports and enjoy an active lifestyle.