Hamilton Skating Club seeks a Dance Coach and Partner for the current 2021-2022 skating season as well as the 2022-2023 Fall/Winter season.
HSC’s StarSkate and Competitive programs run six days a week- Monday to Saturday.
The candidate should be an experienced coach who is qualified to teach and partner Star 1 dances, up to and including, all Gold tests.
The coach needs to be motivated and enthusiastic with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
The candidate must be willing to work closely with HSC’s Director of Skating and coaches, the Operations Manager as well as with the Board of Directors.
- Regional Coach Certified Status or Higher
- Experience in coaching dance as well as in partnering
- Registered: to be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach, full payment is required of all registration fees and insurance premiums annually by Skate Canada
- In Good Standing: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach in Good standing, the following is required:
- Must hold a valid First Aid Certificate
- Screening must be done through the company approved by Skate Canada. Following review of the results of this screening, the status must show as “Clear” in the Skate Canada profile of the Coach.
- NCCP certified coaches must maintain a renewed NCCP certification status as per the Coaching Association of Canada’s (CAC) Maintenance of Certification Policy.
- Have agreed to the Skate Canada Code of Ethics.
- Completed the Respect in Sport Activity Leader Training. A coach must be re-certified in this training every 3 years.
- Excellent team-building, communication and interpersonal skills
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume electronically by Monday, November 22nd @ 9pm to:
- Mariessa Startek, President – email@example.com