The Delhi Skating Club is currently seeking NCCP certified, professional coaches for the 2019-2020 season. We are a not-for-profit organization run by volunteers that offers skating instruction from Pre-CANSkate and Power to Synchro and STARSkate. We operate out of the Delhi Community Centre which is located midway between Simcoe and Tillsonburg.
Ideal candidates will be enthusiastic, collaborative-minded and enjoy working with skaters of all ages and skill levels. They will be in good standing with Skate Canada, will be trained in the new Star program, and will be available on Monday and Wednesday evenings beginning in September continuing until the end of March. A particular interest in CANSkate is an asset. We are a growing club, with ambitious goals for the future.
- To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach, full payment is required of all registration fees and insurance premiums as determined annually by Skate Canada.
- In Good Standing: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach in Good Standing, the following is required:
- Must hold a valid first aid certificate
- Screening must be done through the company approved by Skate Canada. Following review of the results of this screening, the status must show as “Clear” in the Skate Canada profile of the coach.
- Must hold a NCCP status of Club Coach In-training or higher
- NCCP certified coaches must maintain a renewed NCCP certification status as per the Coaching Association of Canada’s (CAC) Maintenance of Certification Policy
- Have agreed to the Skate Canada Code of Ethics
- Completed the Respect in Sport Activity Leader Training. A coach must be re-certified in this training every 3 years
Applicants will be required to provide proof of all the above if selected for an interview.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position please forward your resume to email@example.com.