The Tavistock & District Skating Club is looking for 2-3 additional coaches to join us for the 2019-2020 season as replacement for 2 coaches (1 retirement & 1 relocation) and to support our growing CanSkate & STARSkate programs.
Located in Tavistock, Ontario, our club offers CanSkate and STARSkate programs, with a youth membership of approximately 125 skaters. Many of our skaters, along with additional skaters, participate in our expanding synchro program, skating under Team Unity name and representing the Tavistock & District Skating Club.
Our Canskate & STARSkate programs run Sundays from 4 – 8 p.m., Tuesdays from 4 – 6 p.m., and Thursdays from 4:30 – 6 p.m. from September through April. We have requested additional ice time for the 2019-2020 season, although day/time will not be confirmed until June.
The ideal candidates will at a minimum possess the following qualifications:
- Skate Canada Professional with a NCCP Regional Coach In-Training status or higher and member in good standing.
- Registered: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach, full payment is required of all registration fees and insurance premiums as determined annually by Skate Canada.
- In Good Standing: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach in Good Standing, the following is required:
- Must hold a valid first aid certificate.
- Screening must be done through the company approved by Skate Canada. Following review of the results of this screening, the status must show as “Clear” in the Skate Canada profile of the coach.
- Must hold a NCCP status of Regional Coach In-Training or higher.
- NCCP certified coaches must maintain a renewed NCCP certification status as per the Coaching Association of Canada’s (CAC) Maintenance of Certification Policy.
- Have agreed to the Skate Canada Code of Ethics.
- Completed the Respect in Sport Activity Leader Training. A coach must be re-certified in this training every 3 years.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ability to offer group and/or private lessons.
- Ability to work well with all parents, students, board and other coaches.
- Coaching CanSkate and STARSkate programs.
- Support skaters at test days and competitions, including travel.
- Evaluate skaters and complete online report cards as needed.
- To help plan and organize annual club events (shows, performance days etc.) with other coaches and board members.
- Choreograph routines for skaters.
- Optional additional duties available (Canskate or Starskate coordinator)
Compensation is commensurate with experience, personal skating achievement, and certification level.
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining our club as part of our coaching team, please send Resume with Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants selected for an interview will be required to provide proof of all credentials listed above.
Further information can be provided by contacting Tricia Hendry, President at 519-462-2132 or email email@example.com