The Loyalist Skating Club is currently seeking a Skate Canada NCCP certified coach or a Canskate certified coach to join our existing team of coaches for our upcoming 2021/22 Fall/Winter season and beyond. We require a coach who can support our Canskate Program as well as coach group and private lessons to our STARSkaters as required.
We are located just 15 minutes west of Kingston. We offer CanSkate (Tuesdays and Thursdays) and STARSkate programs Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays) from September to March (24 weeks total).
If you are a creative, energetic and motivated person who loves to work primarily with youth skaters and enjoys working in a smaller club environment we’d love to hear from you.
- Regional Coach Trained status or Higher, Canskate Certified
- Registered: to be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach, full payment is required of all registration fees and insurance premiums annually by Skate Canada.
- In Good Standing: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach in Good Standing, the following is required:
- Must hold a valid first aid certificate.
- Screening must be done through the company approved by Skate Canada. Following review of the results of this screening, the status must show as “Clear” In the Skate Canada profile of the coach.
- NCCP certified coaches must maintain a renewed NCCP certification status as per the Coaching Association of Canada’s (CAC) Maintenance of Certification Policy.
- Have agreed to the Skate Canada Code of Ethics.
- Completed the Respect in Sport Activity Leader Training. A coach must be re-certified in this training every 3 years.
- Completed Star 1-5 assessor training.
How to Apply
Contact/forward resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org